Shot Gun Cupid: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

"Shot Gun Cupid"

I am pail, you are cerulean and it looks like your going to drown.

Why the long frown?

Is this stupid?

To bad I’m not cupid, then you couldn’t hate me, for my poem would be a hit.

I’m the bullet in your gun, I’m the light in your refrigerator and I’m the one hiding in your shadows.

There’s nothing to be scared of, trust me I’m not the only one with a gun.

No I’m not the only one, the only one with a gun; I’ll pull the trigger of silence, then you will see my love.

Don’t stare at the lights to long at the end of this tunnel you might go blind or to your surprise a train full of love might run you down.

Where I hide you can not find, I’m the one in your shadows and there’s nothing to be scared of, trust me, I’m not the only one, the only one with a gun.

By John McKinley Pride Jr.
4/10/’96

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon

Honest John (Bio Style): a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr