The Arc: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

Word count: 147
Views: 14
(I know this is a bit dark but I like to mix things up once in a while with a little darkness put in my poems)


I am the arc
I am the spark
I am the power grid that feeds your hate.

The flame that burns your love, the heat that dissipates the very breath you take; the fear that breeds your tears and poles the teeth from your smile.

Glowing eyes I have none, horns and a tale I am not a trick or a treat; I am your failure.

I am deep down inside you, the part of you that you won’t let out; the parts of you that you can’t let go or forget about.

But I am here, I am always here and I am waiting for you to let me free.

By John M. Pride Jr.
©11/6/08

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon

Honest John (Bio Style): a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr