Snow Queen: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

"Snow Queen"

Thursday faces; they come and go; but they melt in the snow by the end of the week.

Down by the creek we go; Thursday faces in the snow, on white flowers are where they grow, beautiful and pale is her face; smiling with wonderful grace.

Is this were I kiss her red bright lips?

Her icy blue eye’s send me on trips and pierces my heart as she starring into my eyes given off eternal sighs.

Crying snowflakes into a puddle of thoughts; turning them in to ice; leaving a reflection of her face but not a trace of her body.

I can’t hold her, I can’t touch her, I see her and it hurts so bad not to be able to reach her, to hold her in my arms and kiss her red lips is all I need.

Her breath feels cold as she whispers in my ear that she loves me, but, I still can’t hold her near, my snow queens faces in the snow.

I just have to let her go, her Thursday faces in the snow.

By John McKinley Pride Jr.
7/26/’06

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon

Honest John (Bio Style): a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr