The Grandfather Clock: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

"The Grandfather Clock"

My heart is flooded with tears, no one to drain this ache I hide; no one has died again and here I sit on the out side to watch it all from my side.

Listen to the old clock tick as I slowly get sick; watch theme all fade away; so fast and it just seemed like yesterday they were so young and free.

The sent of death is in the air, this time life seems so unfair and to the old man sitting in his rocking chair.

His memories fade away, but after his gone the love will out last demise and forget the past it’s the future that never lasts and it will all go by so fast.

The grandfather clock is set, time has begun at the stage of one and I am the reaper and here I sit waiting for you watching the great grand father clock.

The bell tolls for every man who lives

By John McKinley Pride Jr.
1/2/’96

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon

Honest John (Bio Style): a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr