Turning of the Leaves: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

"Turning of the Leaves"

These leaves of change they turn me every time, change the color of my mood, change the thought of my mind. My heart out rates me and the blood is not as thick as it once was, but it out does me every time.

This excitement sleeps inside of me but my actions out rate me and these leaves have turned, falling from silhouettes of weeping trees in the sunset of disarray.

Disillusioned by this smile again and disarmed buy my own thoughts, I turn like leaves through the many changing seasons of mood swings.

Embraced by the logical things to love again the turning of the leaves

By John M. pride Jr.
11/23/05

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon

Honest John (Bio Style): a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr