These Imperfections: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

"These Imperfections"

Damn, these imperfections; I cannot stand them they make me stutter
They make me fall, they make me misspell and that is not all.

When I’m down they kick me around; I wish I could sound proof my mind to keep them quiet but they just won’t go away.

Damn these imperfections clinging to my back like a tick on an old broken dog, waiting for my legs to give away.

So many imperfections in my days; the snaps of whips
the smiling faces and the laughter of hate.

The echoing voices of smite that scream out loudly; irate and unbalanced to my heart.

I drowned in this and I’ve awakened in this; they have hardened my heart these imperfections in me.

They help me see the perfections in you and it shines true in you.


By John McKinley Pride Jr
©11/25/07

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon