Turn Away: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

The loneliness behind you, the sadness in front of you and your face hangs low till you win again.

How many win and how many lose, if I was there and you were here, would it make a difference if conscience were here.

Behind your eyes you dream of sunrise and broad skies, but was it you that was missing, or was it I, that could not say a thing, or was I the one that was missing too.

I don’t really know, you slowly look down at me as you lay your cards down, you win again.

Its one out of a thousand ways to see your on top again and I’ll just lay down my cards of fate, slowly turn away from the table knowing, I lost again.

By John McKinley Pride Jr.
8/6/’02

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon

Honest John (Bio Style): a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr