The Soul of a Butterfly: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

We lead a life of a caterpillar, not knowing that it is not our real life to be forever.

To shed this shell that holds the soul so dear not wanting to let go of the life it holds; it will always be clear this body is not forever.

Though I learn to crawl then walk and run with mirth upon my face as a child; though I learn to love and think as a youth it’s clear that this is not my true existence to be.

Soon this shell that is fleshly tempted will grow old and fade away; my heart will burn like a radiance never seen.

To be free at last and to rest forever in the love that will never lose color in whom I am to be in the end.

By John McKinley Pride Jr.
2/21/99
10:25PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

Honest John (Bio Style): a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

More poems to come soon