True to the Touch: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

When I saw you; you blinded my eyes with beauty just by the near sight of you.

All this time I wish I could spend with you; but I never have time for our love.

Forgive me for what I’ve become your all I want in life; true to me, true to the touch and never able to see the beauty of our love.

You’re like the sky; you’re like the moon to me always there but to far away to hold.

I still have the taste of your lips on my mind from our last kiss and it’s the only thing that keeps me going.

It just seems like things have all just gone wrong until you sing me to sleep with a beautiful song.

By John McKinley Pride Jr.
9/12/08

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon

Honest John (Bio Style): a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr