To Love Again (#1 and #2): a poem By John McKinley Pride jR

“To Love Again #1”

A pure love is what I ask for; an innocents unknown.

A pure love that stands true to the stories told to me as a child;

A pure love that is able to outlast time; outlast the turns of the earth and brings its worth;

A pure love that stands tall up past the heavens; the beats of the heart that cannot be counted;

A pure love not grown but created by the warmth of blood that runs red through the veins that were once sealed shut;

A pure love that stretches out past eternity stretches past who I am;

Reaches my soul, and feels my void; this hollowness with in my chest that only echoes those words from far away.

Only mouthed by the lips that I long to kiss, again and again teasing my mind vibrating chills deep with in my spine.

Melts me down and builds a fire with in me that lifts the weight off my back, tears me apart and brings me to my knees.

Conceives waterfalls in my eyes and brings me to the truth.

Oh to love again is all I ask for; all I ask for is a pure love.

By John McKinley Pride, Jr.
9/28/10



“To Love Again #2”

A pure love is what we all ask for; an innocents unknown.

A pure love that stands true to the stories told to us as children;

A pure love that is able to outlast time; outlast the turns of the earth and brings its worth;

A pure love that stands tall up past the heavens; the beats of the heart that cannot be counted;

A pure love not grown but created by the warmth of blood that runs red through the veins that were once sealed shut;

A pure love that stretches out past eternity stretches past who we are;

Reaches our soul, and feels our void; this hollowness with in our chest that only echoes those words from far away.

Only mouthed by the lips that we long to kiss, again and again teasing our mind vibrating chills deep with in our spine.

Melts us down and builds a fire with in us that lifts the weight off our back, tears us apart and brings us to our knees.

Conceives waterfalls in our eyes and brings us to the truth.

Oh to love again is all we ask for; all we ask for is a pure love.

By John McKinley Pride, Jr.
9/28/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon

Honest John (Bio Style): a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr