Roots: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

"Roots"

The earth begins to shake away; the ground breaks in two. The waves begin to separate; the child sleeps so deep in the roots. Awaiting for another day; seeking for another day another day to break free from the roots.

I can’t save you,
I can’t take you,
I can’t be there,
I can’t say when,
I can’t say were,

The child soon moves around breaking through the hallow ground of yesterday; the roots still attached; pains the only thing the child feels now.

You can’t save me,
You can’t love me,
You can’t kill me,

I am deep with in your roots; you can’t see me you can’t break free from the roots

You can’t save me,
You can’t take me,
You can’t say when,
You can’t say were,

The pain will soon go away and all there will be left is the roots.

By John M. Pride Jr.
4/30/96

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon