Forty Winks: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

"Forty Winks"

Down My head goes, tightly my eyes close, to dream away and never come back to the awakening world. When I sleep, I can be in my own fantasy, when I sleep I can fly through the sky and when I sleep I can fall in love, in my dreams stars don’t fall from above but rain falls back to the sky. The people don’t walk forward they walk backwards; there’s no evil just pure good and the ugly people are considered pretty. The obese is considered skinny, there is nothing cruel about my dreams and yet it seems no one is screaming. I let the angles sing and the clouds roam; I walk through what most people don’t believe but have never known it to be and yet if they would fall fast asleep they would not be deceived by the forty winks they do not acquire during there weeks of restlessness.

By John McKinley Pride Jr.
4/28/’05

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon