Hands Aflame: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

“Hands Aflame”

With my hands aflame
I push you A way
You stand red faced; like a tyrant in shame caught in your acts.

Bring your echo loud and clear
I push you away with my hands aflame; they have never burnt the same.

You fear me because you know me; your echo stays loud and clear
Repeating your hiding fear that’s there inside of you.

There is a fire that burns with in my hands and it consumes the air around me the same today as yesterday.

My hands a charcoal black smoldering and burning
Bright red like a black smith’s fire I light the night with sparks clanging from my very heart that molds the fighter in me.

There is no water that can cool this heart
There is no water that can put out this flame
It has become eternity and it has become golden
My hands aflame I will push you away and you will see a different light in me.

By John McKinley Pride Jr
8/8/11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon

The Human Touch: a poem by John McKinley Pride Jr