Let Me go Love By John McKinley Pride Jr.

“Let Me go Love”

Please don’t cry to me love.
Please don’t lie to me love.
You know I must leave.
You know I must go away.
If I don’t go away, they will surly hang me high and then swing me low.
They will put me six feet closer to hell I know.
So please don’t cry to me love.
You know I must go now.
I love you so; I never wanted to let you go.
Give a kiss to our boy for me.
Tell my mother to not worry so.
This has to be; it is what it is, and I have done what I must.
Bleak as it seems.
I will love you all my days.
So, please don’t cry my love.
My heart is too weak to let you go, and if I see tears I will never go.
So don’t lie to me love.
Just let me go love; just let me go.

By John McKinley Pride Jr
8/8/11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon

Honest John (Bio Style): a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr