A Knight’s Last Stance: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

"A Knight’s Last Stance"
Heavy my steed walks upon bloody ground;

My shield in hand holding tight to my reigns;

So deep into the beasts’ tundra where no sunlight gleams;

The fear begins to make its way,
Trembling in my once steady war scarred hands,
I can feel the heat upon my armor;
I can smell the beasts’ very breath.

It is the stench of death rotted into the walls.
The sound of my heart echoes in my head.

Then before me a glowing of eyes appear in the pitch of darkness
That glooms in front of me.
My torch, as my life, slowly burns out.

By John McKinley Pride Jr.
6/1/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon

The Human Touch: a poem by John McKinley Pride Jr