Your eyes tell me the truth a poem By John M. Pride Jr.

"Your eyes tell me the truth" Waiting to take the youth waiting to taste a piece of the glory waiting to see if I can somehow get there if I can somehow taste it for the first time fed up with getting dirt kicked in my face Fed up with the silent treatment Fed up with the one word of cheek and tongue All I ask for is for others to look me in the eyes when they shake my hand all I ask for is for others to look me in the eyes when they talk to me Our eyes are our truths Our eyes are our fears Our eyes are our love Our eyes are our happiness I want to see what your eyes tell me By John M. Pride Jr. ©11/21/14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon

Honest John (Bio Style): a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr