The Charm of Merlin (The Charm of Me) (Bio-Poem) : a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

"The Charm of Merlin"
I am a dream to some
A nightmare to others

Even the greatest of writers cannot decide who I truly am, and if I told you myself, could you believe such a mad man as me? History cannot hold my greatness or tell you the truths of where I have been or who I have loved or what amazing things I have seen along my journeys.

So come; let me tell you who I truly am. I am like the dragon; I am everywhere at once and I am everything around you.

I am fiction and nonfiction, but who am I to you?

I warned kings of bad blood and wrong maidens to be; I tamed the dragon to breathe a bridge to mad love across a raging sea.

I was the son of a royal nun, the offspring of the Diafol.

I am angel and demon;
I am light and darkness.
The Wildman of the woods and the boy that charmed the white and red dragon,
Prophet of disasters to come, friend and tutor to a young king of a great land.

My only love trapped me in stone and left me to rot while the only one she loved took her life.
Yes, love is blind as well as deaf.

You see, I need not be anywhere; here nor there or anywhere to get my revenge so sweet.
It all falls into place like bones being rolled to tell you some future of someone’s deceit.

Life, what is it to you? I have given it to knights who have seen their last days, and I have taken it
away from those who could not even see it being taken from them.

Life, none of you really know life till you have lived mine.

I have spoken to giants and created Stonehenge rock by living rock
You picture me as some old man or crazed wizard.
But the truth is I am all of this and much more.

Be him wizard or bard; be him wild or tamed; there is no one of me.
I am dreams, I am love, I am loyal, I am old, I am young, I am gray, I am a friend, I am a foe .
Greatness is me and I am greatness; you will find no one like me in history or time.

I am not of this world; I am no ordinary man you will find; you will never stand toe to toe with me. So let my story rest and let me be.

My love and life lay in a stone; this is where I am for all eternity.
Sure of all I was and was to be, my heart here for all to see.

By John McKinley Pride Jr (5/1/10 11:04PM)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon

Honest John (Bio Style): a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr