The Candy Cain Tree: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

"The Candy Cain Tree"

With sand in my eyes; I try to stay sane as I head for the door; my knees buckle below me. I feel like a fool’ no turning back as my time flies by with flower scented grace. My face falls off into the mirror on the floor and I need to open my eyes once again. I hear my voice say out loud grief will find you; don’t lay still your not under the candy Cain tree. The taste of peppermint is in the air; my eyes going blurry; my mind goes blank; they have truly left me behind again. To swallow my own

Pride; my feet are back on the ground and nothing will stop me now; I’ll never forget the candy Cain tree; were they left me.



By John McKinley Pride Jr.

4/27/’05

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conspire to inspire thousands a poem By John M. Pride Jr

More poems to come soon

Honest John (Bio Style): a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr