The Ramblings of a Dreamer: a spoken word poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

A new spoken word poem I have uploaded on my Youtube account under the name "riverboatsong" thanks and if you can I hope you enjoy it.




"The Ramblings of a Dreamer"

My ramblings seem to fade on paper and the lines seem to get thinner between each thought I have.

Oh just another note-book of daydreams that will sit in my closet forever.

Just another poem

that will never be read by another’s eyes; the ink that powers my fairy tale dreams appear to run out from time to time.

Maybe just maybe it is my heart that is dying out and not my mind.

If I have no heart when I scribble a rhyme or two I will lose color and fade away as easy as you the one who has no dreams at all.

By John McKinley Pride Jr

11/25/07

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Son, Here I Stand from a Far and Watch you: a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr

Honest John (Bio Style): a poem By John McKinley Pride Jr